Privacy & security policy
Purpose of our Policy
5. We collect Personal Information:
- ( a ) that is provided to us by the end users of our sites and applications (Users) at www.outfit.io (and that domain’s subdomains) (Sites); and
- ( b ) about individuals associated with the information technology services that we provide (Services).
8. If, at any time, Users or individuals provide Personal Information or other information about someone other than the User or individual, that User or individual warrants that it has the person’s consent to provide or disclose such information.
The Information We Collect
1. In the course of providing the Sites and Services, it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information. If we are collecting the information, we will always let Users know when Personal Information is being collected. The Personal Information that we collect allows us to identify who individuals are for the purposes of our business, contact individuals in the ordinary course of business and, if relevant, transact with individuals. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect about individuals is as follows.
- ( a ) Identity Information
We may collect personal details including but not limited to an individual’s name, location, date of birth, nationality, details of licenses & registrations, associations, family details, passwords, employment details, information provided to complete a Security Form, and third‐party usernames and other information that allows us to identify who individuals are.
- ( b ) Contact Information
We may collect information including but not limited to an individual’s email address, telephone & fax number, third‐party username, residential, business and postal address and other information. Such information will allow us to contact individuals where appropriate.
- ( c ) Statistical Information
We may collect information about an individual’s online and offline preferences including but not limited to his or her habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases and other information for statistical purposes.
- ( d ) Information Sent to Us by Users and Individuals
We may collect any personal information or correspondence that individuals send us, or that is sent to us by Users about individuals.
3. We may also collect non‐personal information about individuals such as information regarding the use of mobile devices, computers, operating systems, networks and browsers. This may include IP addresses. Where non‐personal information is collected the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply.
4. We do not generally collect health, criminal, medical and other sensitive information about individuals except in the case of storing electronic versions of Security Forms for some of our Users.
How User Information Is Collected
1. Some Personal Information is collected as a result of our dealings with individuals. Some Personal Information is collected as a result of Users using our Site and Services. We may also receive Personal Information about individuals from sources such as Users, advertising, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff, recruitment agencies and our business associates. Personal Information may be collected as follows.
- ( a ) Providing Details to One of Our Users
When an individual provides information to one of our Users, which we store on our Users’ behalf owing to the use of our Sites.
- ( b ) Registrations / Subscriptions
When an individual registers or subscribes for a service, list, account, membership, connection or other process provided by us, whereby that individual enters his or her details in order to enjoy the Services or Site, or to receive or access something, including a transaction.
- ( c ) Contact
When an individual contacts us in any way.
- ( d ) Access
When a User accesses the Sites or Services, we may require the User to provide details to permit access. When Users access the Services through the Internet we may collect information using cookies or analytical services.
- ( e ) Our Sites
We collect data when Users visit parts of our Sites. Your visit may automatically provide us with data about your computer, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, and referring website addresses. We use this automated data to obtain general statistics regarding the use of our Sites and its specific sections and to evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our Sites on an aggregate basis.
2. If Users use any commenting, reviewing or analogous functionality in our Sites, certain information that those Users post that can identify them may be read by other Users. We will not be responsible for the Personal Information that Users submit in this respect.
When Personal Information IS Used and Disclosed
1. We will not use the Personal Information that we hold for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless we have the relevant individual’s permission. The purpose of collection is determined by the circumstances in which the Personal Information was collected. We may use personal information with partner organisations to build a more robust platform.
3. Personal Information is used to enable us to operate our Sites and provide our Services. This may include:
- ( a ) providing the Sites to Users;
- ( b ) the provision of Services to individuals;
- ( c ) verifying an individual’s identity;
- ( d ) communicating with individuals about:
- ( f ) as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
4. It is necessary, and by using the Services, Users consent, for us to disclose their Personal Information to third parties in a manner compliant with the Australian Privacy Principles in the course of our business, which includes disclosure of Personal Information:
- ( a ) with our related bodies corporate;
- ( b ) as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
- ( c ) during investigations into an individual’s conduct insofar as it relates to the relationship we have with an individual, or a possible contravention of any relevant laws or regulations;
- ( d ) where we reasonably believe that individuals may be engaged in fraudulent, deceptive or unlawful activity that a governmental authority should be made aware of; and
- ( e ) as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We will not sell the Personal Information of individuals to unrelated third parties under any circumstances
Opting “In” or “Out”
1. Individuals may opt to not have us collect Personal Information. This may prevent us from offering our Sites and Services and may terminate the individual’s access to some or all of the Sites or Services provided by us. Individuals will be aware of this when:
- ( a ) Opt In
Where relevant, individuals will have the right to choose to have information collected and/or receive information from us.
- ( b ) Opt Out
The Safety and Security of Personal Information
1. We and our employees, contractors and other authorised representatives will take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
3. By using any of the Sites, Users acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. Users provide information, including Personal Information, to us via the Site at their own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
5. If individuals suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, their Personal Information, individuals are obligated to let us know immediately.
6. We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person’s use of an individual’s Personal Information.
7. Where Personal Information we hold is no longer necessary, we delete the information or permanently de‐identify it.
How to Access and/or Update Information
2. We may charge individuals a reasonable fee for our costs incurred in meeting any requests to disclose Personal Information that we hold about those individuals.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside Australia
Personal Information may be stored, processed and accessed in the United States. By contracting with us for Services or the use of our Sites, individual’s consent to the transfer of Personal Information outside Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Complaints and Disputes
2. If we have a dispute with an individual regarding his or her Personal Information, the individual must make a good faith attempt to resolve the issue directly with us.
3. If an individual is dissatisfied by how we deal with his or her complaint, the complaint may then be taken to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
4. If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information, we will inform the individuals affected at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
1. Users should address all correspondence with regards to privacy and Personal Information to the “Privacy Officer”.
2. Individuals must contact the Privacy Officer by email in the first instance. The email address for the Privacy Officer is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Privacy Officer mail address is:
17 Cordelia Street,
Additions to this Policy
Contacting the Australian Information Commissioner for further information on privacy laws
If further information about privacy laws in Australia is required, please contact https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us
Last Updated: 20th of September 2018