Senior Cloud Architect
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to help design, build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding cloud computing infrastructure. We want to hire exceptional talent to grow the Outfit platform and brand. You will be working with a dynamic, highly capable team of developers who love what they do and are always learning from each other. You will be based in a collaborative work environment with an excellent culture and workspace. At Outfit, there is genuine, ongoing opportunities to develop your career towards team or technical leadership. This position reports to the Head of Technology.
- You are passionate about cloud technologies.
- You’re willing to learn and mentor team peers to achieve exceptional results.
- You demonstrate strong initiative and a proactive nature.
- You'll be as committed to excellence as the rest of the team.
- As a key member of the technology team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Design and document cloud architecture solutions.
- Perform infrastructure analysis and anomaly detection.
- Respond to system performance and security events.
- Defend the system against unsustainable or unreliable components.
- Supporting large scale deployment projects, network and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing: virtualization technologies, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Extensive experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Extensive experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually without much direction while also working as part of a team towards a common goal.
- 3+ years experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 4+ years designing, implementing and deploying experience of advanced computing solutions on AWS.
5+ years experience with:
- Systems management, logging, and monitoring systems.
- Solid scripting skills with shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python.
- Solid networking knowledge in all OSI network layers.
- Experience with an automation platform (Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with one or more RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with NOSQL databases (Dynamo, etc.).
- Transform business requirements and user stories for product features that may involve developing in different languages and technologies in both back and front-end layers;
- Successfully design and implement business critical solutions that take into consideration security, high-availability and code maintenance;
- Continually perform code review and knowledge transfer to other developers on a regular basis;
- Support management team, partners and customers with technology knowledge advice;