Chief Financial Officer
About the opportunity
The opportunity to work with a growing world-class Australian technology success story. We’re hiring exceptional talent to help us accelerate our global scaling. You will be based in a collaborative work environment with an excellent culture and workspace. This position works closely with and reports directly to the CEO.
- Leading FP&A across the organization, partnering with leadership to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives
- Developing best practices for understanding and tracking company finances, growth, revenues, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Helping elevate our analytical standards and practice to allow us to take full advantage of our data to help improve both our business and that of our customers.
- Supporting the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses
- Assuring compliance and the proper planning, accounting and paying of taxes.
- Supporting pricing strategies, capital expenditure analysis, contract management, and working capital management.
- Maintaining relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the CEO by administering banking arrangements and loan agreements; receiving, maintaining, and disbursing the company’s monies and securities; maintaining adequate sources for the company’s current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions; and investing the company’s funds as appropriate.
- Refining policies, programs and financial operations to support and guide a changing business while maintaining corporate, legal and ethical disciplines, including implementing enterprise accounting software.
- Meeting all corporate governance requirements.
- Building effective controls to protect company assets, complying with all legal and company requirements, and proper accounting practices.
- Owning the financial aspects of real estate transactions, and execute bids, contracts and leases.
- Working effectively to oversee and support all audits and to implement all approved recommendations.
- Initiating reviews of potential business opportunities and concerns, presenting analyses and detailed recommendations.
- Creating analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Delivering weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast.
- Providing financial modelling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects.
Mandatory qualifications and requirements
- Experience as a Head of Finance, VP of Finance or CFO for a minimum of two years.
- Solid understanding of Saas Metrics
- Strong finance-based analytical skills
- 7 - 10 years' of finance experience
- CPA or MBA preferred but not required