Anyone who has worked around a prominent brand, be it in a marketing or design capacity or as an employee within a large organisation will be familiar with a Brand Style Guide. A weighty book that sits on a desk or is used to prop up a wonky chair. Surely there must be a better way?Read more
A Responsive Event Website, Created and Hosted in Minutes
Olivier Pichon — 18th August 2016
But a templating system for marketers (or any kind of design authors) also has one significant benefit: speed to market. This is especially powerful when the desired output document is both sophisticated in contextual, time relevant information, but also is a sophisticated extension of a brand (something that can be skimped on when rushing to market).
Take a responsive website for an event that you plan to host, for example. This requires design and development skills and it is nearly impossible for a marketer, even with great in-house resources, to come up with something production-ready within a day.
Yet, I am going to show you how a marketer can create and host such a website within Outfit with as little as 10 min of work:
1. Click on this link and enter your email address.
2. We will send you an email with a unique link to edit your own Event Website. With that link you can keep on coming back and refining the content of that infosite.
3. The link will take you to the Outfit editing screen. Using the inputs in the left pane you can begin to populate the website, even changing key design components, like the Background Image Opacity for example:
4. For text inputs, you can directly edit inside the document preview (right pane) to change the content according to your needs.
5. When you are happy with the preview, click the Export Button on the top right hand corner. This will create your final HTML document. Simply grab the provided link to access your website. My beautiful website for the Docker Brisbane Meetup as an example is available here.
6.Should you want to grab a local copy of the website to host it elsewhere, click on the thumbnail and then the Download Button
7. Want to make some more modifications? Simply click on the link we originally sent you!
Share this post
Subscribe to the Blog
Experiential marketing techniques are becoming more popular as a way to engage existing customers and attract new customers. As with most elements of a cohesive marketing campaign, there is a right and a wrong way to gain the type of attention you want.Read more
In 2019 we've been exposed to, what seems like, every sales and marketing tactic under the sun. The upside is that we're slowly learning some valuable lessons. The most notable is a move away from solely investing in traditional advertising methods and towards a stronger brand that connects with the values and desires of the customer.Read more