Marketers and creatives working in financial services are subject to some of the most stringent policies of any industry which can prove a challenge for both creativity and the efficiency of getting campaigns live in market.Read more
A Responsive Event Website, Created and Hosted in Minutes
Olivier Pichon — 18th August 2016
But a templating system for marketers (or any kind of design authors) also has one significant benefit: speed to market. This is especially powerful when the desired output document is both sophisticated in contextual, time relevant information, but also is a sophisticated extension of a brand (something that can be skimped on when rushing to market).
Take a responsive website for an event that you plan to host, for example. This requires design and development skills and it is nearly impossible for a marketer, even with great in-house resources, to come up with something production-ready within a day.
Yet, I am going to show you how a marketer can create and host such a website within Outfit with as little as 10 min of work:
1. Click on this link and enter your email address.
2. We will send you an email with a unique link to edit your own Event Website. With that link you can keep on coming back and refining the content of that infosite.
3. The link will take you to the Outfit editing screen. Using the inputs in the left pane you can begin to populate the website, even changing key design components, like the Background Image Opacity for example:
4. For text inputs, you can directly edit inside the document preview (right pane) to change the content according to your needs.
5. When you are happy with the preview, click the Export Button on the top right hand corner. This will create your final HTML document. Simply grab the provided link to access your website. My beautiful website for the Docker Brisbane Meetup as an example is available here.
6.Should you want to grab a local copy of the website to host it elsewhere, click on the thumbnail and then the Download Button
7. Want to make some more modifications? Simply click on the link we originally sent you!
Share this post
Subscribe to the Blog
Some organisations are better than others at effectively managing and evolving brand over time. For those looking to really invest in brand long-term, a living, breathing design system is just what the doctor ordered.Read more
When we stop thinking of our target audience as 'consumers' and instead focus on their identity as people, we learn more about their motivation. Most people are pursuing happiness, and consumption can help people feel happy but purchasing from a brand who contributes to valuable community issues provides deeper satisfaction.Read more